|Sl. No||Course||Duration||Entry Requirements||Age||Recognised By||Campus|
(Hotel Management & Catering Science)
(Full – Time Residential Course)
Any degree from a recognised university . Selection would be based on merit and personal interview.
Not More than 28 Years.
|Alagappa University ( Accredited with “A” grade by NAAC)- Karaikudi||Yercaud|
3 Years (Non Semester - Full – Time Residential Course)
Alagappa University (Accredited with “A” grade by NAAC) -Karaikudi
|Yercaud & Salem|
Diploma in Catering and Hotel Administration
|3 Years – Non Semester – Full Time Residential Course.||
A pass in Secondary School Leaving Certificate (10th Standard) or equivalent.
|Alagappa University ( Accredited with “A” grade by NAAC) -Karaikudi||Yercaud & Salem|
Craft certificate courses:
|Affliated to ALAGAPPA UNIVERSITY-KARAIKUDI|
ADVANTAGES OF SHEVAROYS RESIDENTIAL COLLEGE.
1.All the faculty are residential during weekdays and warden cum librarian is available throughout the year.
2. Students would feel like HOME AWAY FROM HOME. We would take care of all their needs and counsel them as and when necessary.
3. College working hours is from morning 10.00 to evening 3.30 on all weekdays. Sunday would bea holiday.
4. After3.30 many extra curricular activities would be going on in which students can participate depending on their wish. The fecilities available are
- 3 televisions- one for tamil, one for hindi and one in mess hall.
- Recreational hall with gym equipments, carom, chess and table tennis.
- A big INDOOR STADIUMfor playing shuttle and volley ball.
- Library with more than 1000 volumes of books, all newspapers, magazines etc.
- Juggling would be practiced by the students daily in lawn with original glass bottles.
- Various types of carvings like fruits, vegetables, thermocol, soap, paper, Gelatin, bread, ice, clay etc would be practiced during all functions.
- Flower arrangements would be done on weekly basis as fresh flowers are available in yercaud.
- Bakery and Confectionery departments would run from morning 8 a.m to 6p.m and on Saturdays and Sundays also. Students interested can learn in these 2 labs during their free time.
5. In mess hall hygienic food is served. The food is unlimited and is prepared by Hotel shevaroys. All the TAWA items like paratha, chapathi, dosa and omelettes would be prepared AT-SITE in the mess hall itself.
6. As this is a full time program we would start the academic year by august 1st week and would finish most of the portions by November. In December a MID-TERM examination would be conducted for internal assessment and on the spot valuation is done. The rank sheets would be sent to the parents for the students progress in the college. The college would also evaluate the student progress and would conduct special tuition classes from January from 8p.m to 10 p.m for the weaker students.
7. We would be having 1month winter holidays during December-january. In case the students want to go for training during this 1 month it would be arranged by the college.
8. Campus interviews would be conducted in THE LANTANA-CONVENTION CENTRE. All the students would be assembled for the campus placement including 1st years so that they could know the present scenario of the industry. 3rd year students would attend the campus for Job placement and the 1st year students would attend an interview for the 2nd year I.E.T training. So in the 1st year itself his training schedule would be confirmed. All the major groups would be conducting campus interviews. Approximately 10 to 12 groups would conduct campus for the whole salem region at yercaud itself. Placements would be 100%.
9.College has all the facilities including SMART BOARD DIGITAL CLASSROOM and all the labs necessary for a hotel management college.
10. Special diploma course in carving and craft is introduced in the year 2014. A special lab is set for imparting the carving skills with the name-Shevaroys Institute of Carving and Craft.
- Students who have failed in +2 examinations, both in regular and in instant can join 10th pass diploma course, they can complete the arrear exam in November and if they pass, they would be transferred to B.Sc in the same year.
- Students who have completed 10th pass Diploma in hotel management from any university are eligible for LATERAL ENTRY into 2nd year B.Sc.
- Students who have completed 3 year diploma in any other discipline like mechanical, E.E.E etc would be eligible for 1st year B.Sc.
- For M.B.A any undergraduation is considered as eligibility. The students from other discipline would be taught the basics of hotel management along with 1st year u.g students so that they could pick-up with the basics also.
- Students who have completed 10th pass diploma from SHEVAROYS can enroll themselves in 2nd year b.sc and they need not to come regularly to the college, instead they can work and can finish the exams once in a year.